Here at Adirondack Extreme we work extremely hard to deliver fun and excitement to all our guests making sure that all our activities are the perfect match for you. All of our attractions require “hands-on” interaction. The level of preparation is minimal, but Extremely Important, Safety Always comes first at Adirondack Extreme.
To assist us in providing you with a unique one of a kind experience, please take a minute to learn about our safety guidelines and requirements for age, height, weight and clothing that apply to our aerial adventure park.
Guidelines for AEAC High Wire Tree top adventure course.
Please note that Guests under the age of 18 must also have their waiver forms signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Our Facility offers over 100 aerial adventure activities divided into six color-coded courses for kids, youth and adults.
We teach You…You Show Us…
Once you have reviewed and meet Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course LLC guidelines and you have completed your waiver form and paid for your access to Adirondack Extreme, you’ll be scheduled into a brief group training session.
During this 30 minute demo training, you’ll be fitted into your harness and your guide will show you how to attach yourself to safety lines and zip lines. This training gives you the knowledge and guidelines to self-manage the equipment designed for your own personal safety as you travel from tree to tree. You must demonstrate the ability to use the equipment properly before you can continue from the demonstration area. Once your guide deems that you can safely use your equipment, you’ll be able to continue onto a course.
Adirondack Extreme’s Guides observe and guide you in the proper use of equipment from the trails below the courses. These guides can also let you know where the course exit points are located at any time, if you want to get your feet back on the ground.
TreeGO Guidelines & Requirements
Please read the height and age requirements carefully for each course and be aware that in order to access any one course, all the minimum requirements must be met.
In order for guests to be able to reach the safety lines and manage their way through the course they must meet certain minimum reach requirements:
- In order to participate on our Four-course adventure, guests between the ages of 9 and up are required to be able to reach the tips of their fingers to a reach of 5’9” while keeping their feet flat on the ground.
- In order to participate on the the Five & Six Course Adventure Packages, guests 12 and older are required to be able to reach the tips of their fingers to a reach of 5’11” (180 cm) while keeping their feet flat on the ground.
- In order to use the Kids Course, children must be 6 and up. Children must always be directly supervised by an adult 18 or older who participate from either on the course or from the ground.
- In order to participate on the Four-Course Adventure, guests must be 9 years of age or older. Participants 9-15 must be accompanied by an adult or guide.
- In order to participate on the Five & Six Course Adventure Packages, guests must be 12 years of age or older. Participants 12-14 must be accompanied by an adult or guide.
Please Prepare Yourself:
- Long hair MUST be tied back so as not to be caught in a pulley. Ask a staff person for a hair band if you require one.
- Open-toed shoes are NOT allowed. Sturdy closed-toed sport sandals/shoes/boots are required and to be worn securely.
- Strongly recommend no jewelry (especially necklaces or loose bracelets which could get caught in equipment).
- Clothing should be appropriate for the weather and must be worn tight to the body to avoid catching on apparatus.
- Trees make sap. Sap stains clothes. Dress appropriately. Adirondack Extreme is not responsible for damaged clothing.
Note: Guests not wearing the appropriate clothing may be refused access to activities to ensure that safety guidelines are met.
For Your Safety and Our Peace of Mind!
- Courses must be done in rising order of difficulty.
- You must remain attached to a cable at all times!
- You must observe all rules and safety instructions at all times.
- You will be trained in the use of Adirondack Extreme’s equipment and must demonstrate the ability to use the equipment before progressing beyond the training area.
- Our Guides are empowered to immediately, without warning, exclude a participant from the course, without a refund, for safety infractions.
- Notify a Guide immediately if you observe any unnecessary risk to anyone on the course.